Friday, 08/29/14
 
Our Goal
Who We Are
Credentials
Projects
Certifications

 

 

History

Liberty Electric was founded in 1979 in Chester, MT by Marvin Wilson, the company’s current president.  The business consisted of one 1967 pickup, some tools and approximately $4,000 of inventory.  Jobs ranged from residential service calls to wiring grain elevators, feed plants and miscellaneous farm and commercial electrical work.

In 1988 Liberty Electric expanded by starting a shop in Shelby.  More work and bigger jobs followed, including the Shelby Pamida store.  This one project proved to be the springboard that allowed Liberty Electric to leap into other sizeable projects.  New shops were also started in Cut Bank and Kalispell.

1994 saw the first of many acquisitions for Liberty Electric.  The purchase of Wayne’s Electric of  Great Falls laid the foundation for what has grown to become Liberty Electric’s most active location.  Rudy’s Electric of Fort Benton was added in 1995, furthering Liberty Electric’s prominence in North-Central Montana.

Liberty Electric boldly moved West in 1997 with the addition of a new shop in the Missoula market.  Rivaled only by Great Falls, Liberty Electric – Missoula has experienced explosive growth resulting in a continuing parade of high-quality projects.  The addition of Lolo Electric in 1998 further strengthened Liberty Electric’s position in Western Montana.

Plans are underway to diversify into other electrical fields, such as high-voltage power, communications, power monitoring and irrigation.  Liberty Electric continues to seek out acquisitions that have proven themselves to be leaders in their market.nn

 
 
Liberty Electric, Inc.
9660 Summit Drive
Missoula, MT 59808
Toll Free: (800) 823-8232
Phone: (406) 532-1100
Fax: (406) 532-1156
Email: leinc@libertyelectricinc.com
  © 2014 Liberty Electric, Inc.
hit counter